WHAT IS DREAM2TEACH?
Dream2Teach is a teaching scholarship programme for talented matriculants who dream of becoming teachers, but who don’t have the financial means to achieve their dream.
South Africa has a shortage of qualified, passionate teachers. We believe that by helping grow more teachers in South Africa, we’re helping shape the people who teach and lead their communities, learners and fellow teachers. Our programme helps budding teachers achieve their dreams to teach with a bursary, teaching internships at top schools, and personalised support from start to end. We work with expert scholarship partners in the fields of education to make it a reality.
WHAT THE FUND COVERS
Our fund offers each individual:
A bursary to cover the costs of tuition and books.
Mentoring and coaching.
Partnerships with quality educational institutions.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
GET A FREE CARD
DOWNLOAD THE APP
ADD AS YOUR BENEFICIARY
LINK YOUR WOOLIES CARD
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Learners in Grade 12, or first year and second year education students.
- Academic performance of >65% aggregate.
- In need of financial support (gross household income p/m should be <R20 000).
- Must be a South African citizen.
- Speaks and understands English.
- Embraces a strong value system and sense of responsibility.
- Participates in extra-curricular activities.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities.
- Actively involved in community service.
- Based in Cape Town or Gauteng.
HOW TO APPLY
We work in partnership with the MAD Leadership Foundation, Realema and the St Peter’s Foundation internship progamme. We select students from their programmes to receive the Draem2Teach bursary.