Please read the full online MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet Terms and Conditions and our privacy notice (available at www.myschool.co.za/privacynotice) carefully as they are our agreement with you. If you want to be part of the WRewards programme you must read the WRewards Terms and Conditions too (available at www.woolworths.co.za). NOTE: These and the WRewards Terms and Conditions may change from time to time. The most recent Terms and Conditions are available online.
- To participate you must be 18 or older, shop in South Africa, have a South African ID number or foreign passport number and provide us with your email address and cell phone number.
- The MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet programme in South Africa is administered by Virtual Market Place (Pty) Ltd in partnership with Woolworths.
- You are the only person who may use your MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet card.
- This MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet card may only be used in South Africa. If you belong to a MySchool programme in another country it is subject to different terms.
Choosing a school and/or charity
- You may choose up to three registered schools, charities and/or environmental organisations (beneficiaries) from our list. The list is available at www.myschool.co.za. If you choose more than one beneficiary the funds you raise will be divided equally among them.
- If you select a school or charity which is not registered we will contact you to select a new one. Until you select a new school or charity the funds you raise will remain in a separate holding account. The funds will be retained there for three years, after which they will be distributed to other beneficiaries via the Thuso Fund.
MySchool and WRewards
- Members of MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet automatically qualify for instant discounts at participating stores. You also qualify to become a WRewards member and to enjoy guaranteed benefits such as instant savings on Woolies Favourites - quality staples and best-loved products. Look out for the WRewards icon in the Daily Difference in store and online. PLUS you can also enjoy all the additional WRewards benefits from Woolworths by simply giving Woolies permission to communicate with you directly. You will then get extra savings on special promotions as well as exclusive invites to new product launches and personalized vouchers.
- If you are already a WRewards member or Woolworths cardholder you can link your MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet and Woolworths cards to ensure that your school and/or charity benefits when you swipe your Woolworths card.
- WRewards in South Africa is operated by Woolworths (Pty) Ltd (Reg. No. 1956/000518/07). Any reference to Woolworths includes the holding, associated and subsidiary companies of Woolworths.
- We may at any stage amend these MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet Terms and Conditions or discontinue the MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet programme without reason.
- All competitions will be subject to the MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet competition rules. Read more here.
- For more information about the programme, please call 0860 100 445
Who we are and what we do
MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet is administered by Virtual Market Place (Pty) Ltd, a fundraising and development company registered in South Africa.
We help raise funds for deserving organisations and causes (‘beneficiaries’) that support education, people in need, animals and the environment. We do this by creating partnerships with retailers. The retailers which participate in the MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet programme undertake to pay a percentage of their customers’ spend to beneficiariesat no additional cost to the customers when customers swipe their MySchool card. A customer becomes a ‘Supporter’ when he or she joins the MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet programme, and swipes their card at participating retailers in order to raise money for their BENEFICIARY.
Our details are:
- Registration Number: 1997/016316/07
- Telephone: 0860 100 445
- Fax: 0866 822 833
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.myschool.co.za
- Address: 16 Corporation Street
- Directors: I Moir, M R Isaacs
- VAT number: 4920 170 141
How to become a beneficiary
See details here.
Our agreement begins once we have approved your application and we have received from you an original document to verify your organisation’s bank account details; and it continues indefinitely until either of us ends the relationship.
The contents of the beneficiary application form you submitted and any further requirements we stipulate before we process your application all form part of our agreement.
Either of us may end this agreement by giving the other 90 calendar days’ notice, in writing.
We have the right to terminate this agreement immediately if you do not adhere to the rules of the agreement.
Even if this agreement ends, you must continue to protect the personal information of your supporters in accordance with the law and these Terms and Conditions.
Once we accept you as a beneficiary, we will:
- issue cards to your Supporters;
- supply you with downloadable marketing tools and information to help you acquire more Supporters to increase your funding;
- provide you with a breakdown of funds raised for you on a monthly basis;
- provide each Supporter with a breakdown of the funds he or she raised on a monthly basis; and
- deposit the funds raised for you (minus any deductions as set out in these Terms and Conditions) into your bank account at the end of each month.
If we accept your application to be a beneficiary, then you agree:
- to comply with these Terms and Conditions;
- to make an active effort to market and promote the MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet programme and not do anything that might harm us, our operations, initiatives or reputation;
- to follow your marketing plan in order to increase the number of Supporters you have and the funding they generate for you;
- to keep your Supporters’ personal information private and maintain the accuracy of their personal information;
- to ask our prior written approval for use of our logos in any of your marketing material or where you might want to make reference to us in any public communication; and
- to send us feedback by email every six months on how you have used the funds in your organisation.
Our funding model
In order to run the MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet programme sustainably we need to charge an administration fee. We deduct this fee of 30% from the funds we receive from retailers who participate in our programme, based on the amount of money that supporters spend. The remaining 70% is the total amount due to you before deductions.
In addition to the administration fee, we may subtract the cost of the Supporters’ cards from the funds raised for you. We will never deduct more than 50% of the “funds due to you” in any given month even if the cost of the cards and our administration fee is higher than 50% of the funds due to you in that month.
If ever Supporters share their personal information with you by completing a MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet application form and handing it to you, you become an ‘operator’ in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act No. 4 of 2013 (‘POPI’) and so you must agree:
- to keep the supporters’ personal information confidential and securely locked away until you are able to hand it to our community organisers at the very next possible opportunity; and
- not to share the personal information with anyone other than us or our community organisers, nor to use that information for any other purpose; and
- complete and send urgently the Notification of Security Breach form (which we will send you) if any third party attempts to obtain, or obtains, unauthorised access to the Supporters’ personal information or if such information (including the Supporter forms in your possession) is lost , damaged or destroyed.
If you do not comply with these Terms and Conditions, and in particular clause 7.1(c), we could suffer harm which may include damages, costs, fines and penalties under the Protection of Personal Information Act No. 4 of 2013. You must therefore agree to indemnify us against any harm caused by your conduct.
If for any reason you do not wish to act as an operator by signing up new supporters using our paper-based application forms, you must direct them to apply online through our MySchool website.
How we use your personal information
We use your information to register you as a beneficiary, to ensure that you get paid, to check your details, to help you market more successfully and to compile reports in terms of the Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment Act.
We keep your personal information private.
8.3 We only disclose your personal information to companies if you ask us to, or if we need help to provide the best service to you or your supporters. To learn more about how we use your personal information please read more here.
How we communicate with one another
We choose to receive any documents (including the serving of any legal process) by email on email@example.com.
You choose to receive any documents (including the serving of any legal process) at the contact details you provided in the beneficiary application form. Please let us know if your contact details change.
We prefer to communicate by email.
Changes to or breach of these terms
Sometimes, owing to changes in legislation or in our business model, we will change these Terms and Conditions. We will let you know at least 30 calendar days before we do this and your organisation will have an option to stop being a MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet beneficiary or you can agree to the new Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions apply consistently to all Beneficiariesin terms of our policy. We may make exceptions in certain justifiable instances, at our sole discretion.
If either of us breaches these Terms and Conditions, then the other party must send the party in breach a written notice (which may be sent by email) demanding that the breach be rectified. If the breach is not rectified within 14 calendar days of the date of the dispatch of the written notice, the party not in breach may cancel this agreement immediately and take any further steps allowed by law or in terms of this agreement.
We may always enforce these Terms and Conditions even if we sometimes choose not to.