WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE A BENEFICIARY?
The MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet programme is a unique fundraising tool. We provide registered beneficiaries the opportunity to use our programme for raising supplementary annuity income for their organisations. This tool includes our management of the programme infrastructure, logistics, payment processing and allocation, card issuing, client service, query management, and reporting tools. We also provide the registered beneficiaries with various resources, such as customised application forms, website content and advice on how to use the programme to raise monthly sustainable funds.
TIPS ON HOW TO ENSURE THE PROGRAMME IS A SUCCESS FOR YOU
- Communicate with your supporters on a regular basis
- Offer them the MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet card so that every time they swipe at our partner stores, you get a contribution of funds
- We recommend trying to get a minimum of 1000 supporters to sign up to the programme and select your organisation as their beneficiary
- Keep your supporters updated on where to swipe their MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet card, the amount of funds being raised for your beneficiary and how you are using these funds
- Make sure you’re at events where you can sign up new supporters and ensure your current supporters keep supporting you
- Make sure you include a MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet information page on your website
- Tag MySchool MyViIllage MyPlanet on all social media platform
- Have marketing material to show potential supporters and encourage them to nominate you as a beneficiary
HOW TO BECOME A MYSCHOOL MYVILLAGE MYPLANET BENEFICIARY
1 TO REGISTER AS MYSCHOOL MYVILLAGE MYPLANET BENEFICIARY, THE ORGANISATION MUST BE EITHER:
1.1 a school that is registered with the Department of Education; or
1.2 a non-profit organisation (NPO) or a public benefit organisation (PBO) that is registered as an NPO or a PBO with the South African Revenue Services; and must focus on:
1.2.1 uplifting people with physical or mental disabilities, orphans or the vulnerable
1.2.2 uplifting people through education or social development
1.2.3 protecting the environment
1.2.4 protecting animals
YOUR ORGANISATION CANNOT QUALIFY AS A BENEFICIARY IF IT IS:
- a charity promoting religion (this includes institutions such as churches, mosques and temples)
- a charity promoting a specific political group or orientation
- a charity promoting specific social activism issues or views
- a sports club or association
- an interest or hobby group; or
- a profit-making company
- Individuals cannot qualify as a Beneficiary
2 SEND US THE CORRECT DOCUMENTS
Send us the following documents (by email only) so that we may process your application to be a Beneficiary:
2.1 The completed MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet Beneficiary Application Form containing your full details and your signature indicating that you agree with our Terms and Conditions
2.2 A copy of your organisation’s letterhead
2.3 A copy of your organisation’s VAT registration form (if VAT registered)
2.4 A short (no more than 300 words) description of what your organisation does
2.5 A marketing plan setting out how you intend to manage your status as a Beneficiary.
THE MARKETING PLAN MUST INCLUDE
2.5.1 how many supporters you currently have
2.5.2 how you stay in contact with them; and
2.5.3 how you plan to increase the number of Supporters you currently have.
3 WAIT FOR US TO CONTACT YOU
We will review your application based on the criteria we have determined, at our sole discretion.
The application review process takes 8 / 10 weeks from the time that we receive the completed application.
Failure to submit the required details and supporting documentation will result in your application not being reviewed and your application being declined.
We will contact you to let you know whether your application has been successful and to confirm the next steps.