Woolworths and MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet School Fess and Tertiary Fees Competition: Terms and Conditions (the “Rules”)
Stand a chance to win R10 000.00 (ten thousand rand) cash in student school fees or tertiary education fees for a student of your choice.
1. The Promoter: This Woolworths and MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet School Fees and Tertiary Fees Competition (“the Competition”) is operated by Woolworths (Pty) Ltd (“Woolworths”) and Virtual Market Place (Pty) Ltd (“MySchool”), collectively (“us” or “we”).
2. Who may enter: This Competition is open to all MySchool cardholders and all Woolworths customers who have linked their Woolworths cards to MySchool and who are: (a) 18 (eighteen) years or older and, (b) resident in South Africa, and (“Entrants” or “you”). By participating in this Competition, Entrants confirm the acceptance of these Rules.
3. Woolworths customers who wish to link their Woolworths card to MySchool can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0860100445.
4. The Competition Period: The Competition commences at 00:00am on 27 December 2021 and terminates at 23:59pm on 23rd January 2022 (“Competition Period”). No entries will be accepted after 23:59pm on 23rd January. There is no entry fee to participate in this Competition.
5. How to enter: You may enter this Competition by spending R500 (five hundred rand) or more on any Woolworths school wear products and swiping your MySchool or linked Woolworths card, during the Competition Period. You may shop in-store or online. Your school wear shop and swipe of your MySchool or linked Woolworths card constitutes your entry and you may enter this Competition as many times as you like. Each Woolworths school wear shop of R500.00 (five hundred rand) or more will constitute a separate entry.
7. The Prize: There are 20 (twenty) prizes up for grabs. By participating in this Competition in accordance with these Rules, Entrants stand a chance to win the prize which consists of R10 000.00 (ten thousand rand) cash in student school fees or tertiary education fees for a student, under the age of 25 (twenty five), of their choice (“the Prize”). Should a winner so elect, the Prize may be split between a maximum of 2 (two) students of their choice. For the avoidance of doubt, the student/s selected by the winner must be under the age of 25 (twenty five) at the date upon which the Prize draw occurs.
8. The Prize will be paid by us directly into the bank account of the educational institution that the student/s nominated by the winner attends, and such institution must be registered with the Department of Education of South Africa. The Prize is exclusively for the prize winner and is not transferable or not exchangeable. Should the Prize for any reason whatsoever become unavailable, Woolworths may in its sole discretion award a similar prize in value.
9. Selection of the Prize winners: The Prize winners will be selected by us by way of a random draw at the beginning of each new week of the Competition Period, under the supervision of an independent attorney, and 5 (five) winners will be drawn each week. The winners will be notified that they have each won the Prize via telephone or email and we will make 2 (two) attempts to contact Prize winners within the 3 (three) business days following the draw, in the event that we are unable to make contact with a winner during the aforementioned period the selected winner will automatically forfeit the Prize and another winner will be drawn from the Entrants.
10. Winners will be required to provide us with details of: (a) the name and identity number of the student/s whose school or tertiary fees the Prize is to be paid toward, (b) the full name, contact, and banking details of the educational institution at which the student is registered, and/or (c) the winner’s name, surname, MySchool card number or Wooloworths card number, identity number and/or email address (“Personal Information”). If a winner does not provide us with the aforementioned Personal Information within 4 (four) weeks of it being requested by us, we will pay the Prize money towards the school or tertiary fees of a student who we, acting in our sole discretion, is deserving thereof.
11. Personal Information: The winners acknowledge that we require not only their personal information, but also that of the relevant student/s in order to make payment of the Prizes. The Winners warrant that they have the necessary consent to share the Personal Information of the students with us and further, that there are no limitations (legal or otherwise) on preventing the winners from doing so.
12. We collect and use the personal information of Entrants to allow them to enter the Competition, comply with audit requirements in terms of the Consumer Protection Act and to determine winners for the Competition. We may use a winner’s and/or student’s name and/or images in marketing material, which may include publication of the winner and/or students name and/or images on woolworths.co.za/todaywithwoolies and on our social media pages as well as any MySchool marketing collateral and digital platforms, but the winner and/or student will always be informed of this beforehand and will be given an opportunity to refuse to permit any use of his/her names and/or images. For more about our how we use your personal information please read our privacy notice at www.woolworths/privacynotice.
13. Amendments to the Rules: These Rules may be amended by us at any time during the Competition Period. The last date upon which these Terms have been amended will appear at the beginning of the Terms.
14. Disqualification: The winner shall be disqualified from the Competition in the event that: (a) the winner has not complied with any of the provisions of these Rules, or (b) any of his/her accounts with Woolworths is in arrears or, in the opinion of Woolworths and/or MySchool, not in general good order and standing at the time of the Prize draw.
15. Audit: We reserves the right to carry out audits in respect of any prize winner to verify their eligibility to win the Prize.
16. Circumstances beyond Woolworths and/or MySchool’s control: If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is not reasonably foreseeable or is beyond the reasonable control of Woolworths and/or MySchool and which delays or prevents Woolworths from complying with these Rules, Woolworths and/or MySchool will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations.
17. Indemnity: By participating in the Competition, Entrants agree to indemnify Woolworths and MySchool, and release and hold Woolworths and MySchool harmless against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with this Competition or resulting from acceptance and participation in the Competition including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy.
18. This Competition is not open to any of Woolworths’ employees and their family members, including the employees and family members of the Woolworths advertising and promotional agencies and distributors
19. Any reference to Woolworths or MySchool in these terms and conditions shall be deemed to include reference Woolworths Financial Services (Pty) Ltd and any of their holding, associated or sister companies and subsidiaries. Please note that when you share your information with one of these companies, you agree to also sharing it with others within the Woolworths group of companies who may use it to send you promotional material. To learn more about how we use your personal information, please visit https://www.woolworths.co.za/corporate/cmp205289.
20. These Rules are also available on woolworths.co.za.