MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet Swipe to Feel Good Competition: Terms and Conditions (the “Rules”)
MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet beneficiaries stand a chance to win R10 000 (ten thousand rand) in cash
1. The Promoter: This MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet Swipe to Feel Good Competition (the “Competition”) is operated by Virtual Market Place (Pty) Ltd (Reg No: 1997/016316/07) (“MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet”, “MySchool” or “us” or “we”).
2. Who may enter: The Competition is open to all beneficaries of the MySchool programme (“beneficiaries”). By participating in this Competition, beneficiaries confirm the acceptance of these Rules.
3. The Competition period: The Competition commences at 00:01 on 1 April 2023 and closes at 23:59 on 31 May 2023 (the “Competition Period”). No entries will be accepted after 23:59 on 31 May 2023. There is no entry fee to participate in this Competition.
4. How to enter: Beneficiaries must motivate their supporters (i.e., supporters with a MySchool card or a linked Woolworths card (“card”)) to shop at Woolworths and/or the other MySchool partners during the Competition Period. The more a beneficiary’s supporter swipes their card during the Competition Period, the more chances a beneficiary stands a chance to win.
5. Partner stores include but are not limited to Woolworths, Worksheet Cloud, Engen Foodstops and Loot.co.za. For a full list of our partner stores please visit https://www.myschool.co.za/partners/.
6. The Prize: There is 20 (twenty) prizes up for grabs. By participating in this Competition in accordance with these Rules, Beach beneficiary stands a chance to win a cash prize worth R10 000.00 (ten thousand rand) (“the Prize”). The Prize will be delivered to the winning beneficiaries by means of an electronic funds cash payment into the beneficiary’s bank account.
7. The Prize is exclusively for the beneficiary and is not transferable and not exchangeable. No beneficiary shall be allowed to win the Prize more than once. Please note that should the Prize for any reason whatsoever become unavailable, MySchool may in its sole discretion award a similar prize in value. No correspondence will be entered into with a beneficiary who is not a prize winner.
8. Selection of the Prize winners: In accordance with the below, the Prize winners will be selected by MySchool by way of an internal audit and verification by no later than 30 August 2023. The results of the audit and verification process will be verified by an independent attorney.
- a. Beneficiaries will be grouped by us according to the number of active supporters as on 1 March 2023 and will be divided into 4 (four) groups.
- b. The beneficiaries in each group will compete against each other during the Competition Term (i.e., the number of swipes that their respective supporters have made will be measured against the swipes of the other beneficiaries that fall within their group).
- c. The top 5 (five) beneficiaries in each group who show the highest percentage increase of swipes from beginning April 2023 to end May 2023 when compared to swipes from beginning April 2022 to end May 2022 will each win a Prize (5 beneficiaries x 4 groups = 20 prizes).
- d. If there are beneficiaries who draw within a group, they will go into a random draw and 1 (one) winner will be drawn.
- 9.We will make 2 (two) attempts to contact a Prize winner within a 24 (twenty-four) hour period. For verification purposes, all winners will be required to provide MySchool with the following personal information: physical address, email address, telephone number and proof of banking details (on a bank stamped letter, not older than 3 (three) months (“Personal Information”). Where a beneficiary fails to provide their Personal Information within 24 (twenty-four) hours of it being requested by MySchool, the beneficiaryshall be disqualified from this Competition and automatically forfeits the Prize. In the event of disqualification of a winner, MySchool, in its sole discretion, shall be entitled, to select another winner from amongst the MySchool beneficiaries.
10. Amendments to the Rules: These Rules may be amended by MySchool on notification to beneficiaries at any time during the Competition Period. The latest date upon which these Rules were amended will be published at the top of these Rules.
11. Disqualification: A winning beneficiary shall be disqualified from the Competition in the event that: (a) the winner has not complied with any of the provisions of these Rules, or (b) has, in the opinion of MySchool, not complied with the rules relating to beneficiaries participating in the MySchool programme at the time of the Prize draw.
12. MySchool collects and uses the personal information of beneficiaries to allow them to enter the competitions, comply with audit requirements in terms of the Consumer Protection Act and to determine winners for the competitions. MySchool may use the winner’s name and/or images in marketing material, which may include publication of the winner’s name and/or images on www.woolworths.co.za/todaywithwoolies and the MySchool social media pages, but the winner will always be informed of this beforehand and will be given an opportunity to refuse to permit any use of his/her names and/or images. For more about how we use your personal information please read our privacy notice at www.woolworths/privacynotice.
13. Audit: MySchool reserves the right to carry out audits in respect of any prize winner to verify their eligibility to win the Prize.
14. Circumstances beyond MySchool’s control: If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is not reasonably foreseeable or is beyond the reasonable control of MySchool and which delays or prevents MySchool from complying with these Rules, MySchool will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations.
15. Indemnity: By participating in the Competition, beneficiaries agree to indemnify MySchool, and release and hold MySchool harmless against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with this Competition or resulting from acceptance and participation in the Competition including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy.
16. Any reference to MySchool in these terms and conditions shall be deemed to include reference to Woolworths (Pty) Ltd, Woolworths Financial Services (Pty) Ltd and any of their holding, associated or sister companies and subsidiaries. Please note that when you share your information with one of these companies, you agree to also sharing it with others within the Woolworths group of companies who may use it to send you promotional material. To learn more about how we use your personal information, please visit https://www.woolworths.co.za/corporate/cmp205289 .
17. These Rules are also available on https://www.myschool.co.za/.