Terms & Conditions Supporters: Be In it to Win It Schools Competition
By participating in the MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet Be In It to Win it Competition you agree to accept the following terms and conditions:
1. The MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet Be In it to Win It Schools Competition (called “the Competition”) is operated by Virtual Market Place (Pty) Ltd (Reg No: 1997/016316/07) (“MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet”) of Atlantic House, 16 Corporation Street, Cape Town, 8001.
2. The Competition is open to the to 1000 registered schools on the MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet programme (called the “Schools”).
3. The Competition commences on 7 May and shall close on 30 June 2019 (called “the competition period”).
4. In order to participate in the Competition, “Schools” are required to encourage their active Supporters (cardholders) to swipe their MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet card or linked Woolworths card at any of our partner stores during the competition period.
5. Partner stores include and are not limited to Woolworths, Engen, Flight Centre, Engen Foodstops, Loot.co.za and many other partner stores. For more partners click here http://www.myschool.co.za/partners/partner-profiles; to search for more partners you can click here http://www.myschool.co.za/partners/partners
6. The prizes, to be awarded to the winning Schools, are set out on the prize table below.
• One School will win : R150 000 cash prize
• The Winning school will be allowed to pay forward R100 000 to a previously disadvantaged school with assistance from MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet
6.1: Highest Growth in supporter swipes : Measure the percentage growth in overall supporter swipes at our partner stores over the competition period, versus the same period during the previous year.
7. To win the above prize the school will be measured on following metric
8. Calculations will be based on the period 7 May to 30 June 2019 vs the same period last year (2018).
9. School with the highest growth in swipes will be identified as a winner after an internal audit and verification.
10. The judge’s decision shall be final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
11. The prize is non-transferrable, non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
12. In the event that a winner cannot be successfully contacted following all reasonable attempts to do so, MySchool reserves the right to disqualify the winner from the Competition and elect another winner in his or her stead.
13. The winning school agree that their respective name and photos may be used for publicity purposes, subject to 17 below.
14. Winners will be selected by 30 July 2019.
15. By participating in this Competition, the winner agrees to indemnify MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet and release and hold MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet harmless against any and all losses, damages, right, claims and actions of any kind in connection with this Competition or resulting from acceptance and participation in the Competition including, without limitation, personal injuries, death and property damage claims based on defamation or invasion of privacy.
16. MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet reserves the right to amend or terminate this Competition immediately and without notice. In the event of such termination, the entrants and winner agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of this Competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet, its advertising and promotional agencies, distributors and their respective employees.
17. MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet collects and uses personal information about entrants to allow them to enter competitions, comply with audit requirements in terms of the Consumer Protection Act and to determine the winner for the Competitions. MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet may use the winner’s name and/or images in marketing material but winners will always be informed of this beforehand and will be given an opportunity to refuse to permit any use of their names and/or their images. For more information about how we use your personal information please read our privacy notice at www.myschool.co.za/privacynotice.
18. Any reference to MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet in these terms and conditions shall be deemed to include reference to Woolworths (Pty) Ltd, Woolworths Financial Services (Pty) Ltd, Virtual Market Place (Pty) Ltd and any of their holding, associated, affiliated companies and subsidiaries.