TERMS & CONDITIONS: MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet Win School Fees competition
TERMS & CONDITIONS: MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet Win School or Tertiary Fees competition
By participating in the MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet Win School or Tertiary Fees Competition, you agree to accept the following terms and conditions:
1. The MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet Win School or Tertiary Fees (“the Competition”) is operated by Virtual Market Place (Pty) Ltd (Reg No:: 1997/016316/07) (“MySchool”) of Atlantic House, 16 Corporation Street, Cape Town, 8001.
2. The Competition is open to all MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet cardholders as well as all Linked Woolworths cardholders over the age of 18 years who reside in South Africa (to Link your Woolworths card to MySchool please email email@example.com or call 0860100445).
3. The Competition commences on 3 October and closes on 7 November 2019 (the Competition period).
4. The Competition works as follows:
In order to be entered into the Competition, entrants must first register their MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet or linked Woolworths card in the competition registration page www.myschool.co.za/register-to-win and they need spend to R400 or more when they shop at Woolworths (which includes any food products, clothing and general merchandise) at any Woolworths store (including the online store) during the Competition period.
For every R400 or more transaction the customer will receive one entry into the lucky draw.
Winners will be selected weekly via a lucky draw during the competition period and announced at the beginning of every week (see point 9 below).
Should an entrant not win during the week they entered and transacted, their entry will roll-over into the following week’s lucky draw until competition period ends.
5. By participating in the Competition, entrants stand a chance to win one of 10 x R20 000 cash payment towards school or tuition fees for any learner/child of their choice younger than 25 years of age, allocated as follows:
1. R20 000 x 10 winners (R20 000 per winner) total of R200 000. The prize money for all winners will be paid by no later than December 2019.
6. The prize is a lump sum cash payment towards the student fees at the school or tertiary institution where the learner is studying. Any learner may be nominated (it does not have to be the winner’s biological child) but payments will be made directly to the school or university or tertiary institution that are registered or not to the MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet programme. The payment will be a lump sum payment to the child or school fees account at the institution.The institution needs to be registered with South African department of education. The prize money can be split to a maximum of two learners per winner. The prize money shall not be transferred or exchanged to a different institution that has been previously selected by the winner. The prize money only covers school fees and cannot be used for any other costs. Should a winner not be able to identify an eligible recipient within 4 weeks after the competition closing date, MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet will assist the winner in nominating a worthy disadvantaged learner to receive the prize money. Once the prize money is paid to the institution selected by the winner MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet will not be responsible for any exchange or transfer of the funds to the different insititution or a school fees account.
7. Multiple entries are permitted and the prize is limited to one per participant.
8. The winner will be selected by random draw overseen and certified by an independent admitted attorney. The winner draws will take place on the following dates
11 October 2019
18 October 2019
25 October 2019
1 November 2019
8 November 2019
9. The weekly winners (2 winners per week) will be notified (telephonically or by email) by no later than
15 October 2019
22 October 2019
29 October 2019
5 November 2019
11 November 2019
10. The winners will be announced on social media (Facebook, Instagram and twitter) by Monday of every week until competiton closes.
11. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
12. The prize is non-transferrable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
13. In the event that a winner cannot be successfully contacted within 3 working days, following all reasonable attempts to do so, MySchool reserves the right to disqualify the winner from the Competition and elect another winner in his or her stead. We encourage all Supporters to check their MySchool profile online and ensure their contact details are up to date.
14. The winner may be disqualified from the Competition if any of their accounts with Woolworths are in arrears or, in the opinion of Woolworths not in general good order and standing at the time of the draw.
15. This Competition is not open to any of MySchool and Woolworths employees and their family members including the employees and family members of its advertising and promotional agencies and distributors.
16. MySchool and Woolworths collects and uses personal information about entrants to allow them to enter competitions, comply with audit requirements in terms of the Consumer Protection Act and to determine the winner(s) for the competitions. MySchool and Woolworths may use the winners’ name and/or images in marketing material but winners will always be informed of this beforehand and will be given an opportunity to refuse to permit any use of their names and/or images. For more about our how we use your personal information please read our privacy notice at www.myschool.co.za/privacynotice. and www.woolworths.co.za/privacynotice.
17. By participating in the Competition, the winner agrees to indemnify MySchool and Woolworths release and hold MySchool and Woolworths harmless against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with this Competition or resulting from acceptance and participation in the Competition including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage and claims based on, defamation or invasion of privacy.
18. Any reference to MySchool and Woolworths in these terms and conditions shall be deemed to include a reference to Woolworths Financial Services Pty Ltd and any of their holdings, associated, affiliated companies and subsidiaries.