MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet Swipe Competition: Terms and Conditions (the “Rules”)
Swipe your MySchool My Village My Planet card and stand a chance to have your Woolworths shop refunded up to the value of R1000.00
Last updated: 23 June 2022
- The Promoter: This MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet Swipe Competition (the “Competition”) is operated by Virtual Market Place (Pty) Ltd (Reg No: 1997/016316/07) (“MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet” or “us” or “we”).
- Who may enter: The Competition is open to supporters of the MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet programme that have recently not used (i.e., churned) or not yet activated their MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet cards (“MySchool card) within the last 3 months (“Entrants”). For the avoidance of doubt, this Competition is not open to MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet supporters who are active supporters and swipe their MySchool cards regularly. By participating in this Competition, Entrants confirm the acceptance of these Rules.
- The Competition period: The Competition commences at 00:01 on 24 June 2022 and closes at 23:59 on 30 June 2022 (the “Competition Period”). There is no entry fee to participate in this Competition.
- How to enter: Entrants may participate in the Competition by swiping their card at the beginning of their shop at a Woolworths store or Woolworths online during the Competition Period. Your first swipe of your MySchool card during the Competition Period will count as your entry and you may only enter this Competition once. If you are shopping at Woolworths online, please ensure that your MySchool card is linked to your Woolworths online profile before you do your online shopping.
- The Prizes: By participating in this Competition in accordance with these Rules, 10 (ten) Entrants stand a chance to win the full amount (rounded up to the nearest hundred rand) of their Woolworths shop that accompanied that MySchool card swipe to a maximum of R1000.00 (one thousand rand); the amount that each winner receives will be paid to the winner in the form of a Woolworths gift card (the “Prize/s”). For example, if a winner’s spend was R350.00 (three hundred and fifty rand), we will give the winner a Woolworths gift card to the value of R400.00 (four hundred rand) or if the winner’s spend was to the value of R1500.00 (one thousand five hundred rand), we will give the winner a Woolworths gift card to the value of R1000.00 (one thousand rand).
- The Prizes are exclusively for the prize winners and is not transferable, not exchangeable and cannot be exchanged for its cash value. No Entrant shall be allowed to win a Prize more than once. Please note that should the Prize for any reason whatsoever become unavailable, MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet may in its sole discretion award a similar prize in value.
- The Prize is subject to the Woolworths gift card voucher terms and conditions, as set out below:
- Gift cards are only exchangeable for merchandise and may not be redeemed for cash.
- No cash change will be given when redeeming a gift card.
- Gift cards may not be redeemed against purchases made at any Woolworths store outside of the Republic of South Africa or at any Woolworths Food Stops at Engen.
- Gift cards are valid for 36 (thirty six) months from the date of issue.
- Gift cards may not be used to make payments towards any Woolworths card, loan account or utilities account.
- It is the responsibility of the gift card owner to safeguard the gift card as it cannot be replaced or the value thereon redeemed if the gift card is lost or stolen.
- Selection of the Prize winner: The 10 (ten) Prizes winners will be selected by MySchool MyVillage My Planet by way of an internal audit and verification by the 30 July 2022. The results of the audit and verification process will be verified by an independent attorney. No correspondence will be entered into with competition Entrants. The winner will be notified that s/he has each won the Prize via telephone or email during July 2022 and the Prize will be sent to the winner via SMS. Woolworths will make 2 (two) attempts to obtain and verify the following personal information from the Prize winner: name, surname, WRewards number, identity number and/or email address (“Personal Information”). Where an Entrant fails to provide his/her Personal Information within 24 (twenty four) hours of it being requested by Woolworths, s/he shall be disqualified from this Competition and automatically forfeits the Prize. In the event of disqualification of a winner, Woolworths, in its sole discretion, shall be entitled, to select another winner from amongst the Competition Entrants.
- Amendments to the Rules: These Rules may be amended by MySchool MyVillage My Planet at any time during the Competition Period. The latest date upon which these Rules were amended will be published at the top of these Rules.
- Disqualification: The winner shall be disqualified from the Competition in the event that: (a) the winner has not complied with any of the provisions of these Rules, or (b) any of his/her accounts with Woolworths is in arrears or, in the opinion of MySchool MyVillage My Planet, not in general good order and standing at the time of the Prize draw.
- MySchool MyVillage My Planet collects and uses the personal information of entrants to allow them to enter the competitions, comply with audit requirements in terms of the Consumer Protection Act and to determine winners for the competitions. MySchool MyVillage My Planet may use the winner’s name and/or images in marketing material, which may include publication of the winner’s name and/or images on woolworths.co.za/todaywithwoolies and the MySchool MyVillage My Planet social media pages, but the winner will always be informed of this beforehand and will be given an opportunity to refuse to permit any use of his/her names and/or images. For more about how we use your personal information please read our privacy notice at www.woolworths/privacynotice.
- Audit: MySchool MyVillage My Planet reserves the right to carry out audits in respect of any prize winner to verify their eligibility to win the Prize.
- Circumstances beyond MySchool MyVillage My Planet’s control: If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is not reasonably foreseeable or is beyond the reasonable control of Woolworths and which delays or prevents MySchool MyVillage My Planet from complying with these Rules, MySchool MyVillage My Planet will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations.
- Indemnity: By participating in the Competition, Entrants agree to indemnify MySchool MyVillage My Planet, and release and hold MySchool MyVillage My Planet harmless against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with this Competition or resulting from acceptance and participation in the Competition including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy.
- Any reference to MySchool MyVillage My Planet in these terms and conditions shall be deemed to include reference to Woolworths (Pty) Ltd, Woolworths Financial Services (Pty) Ltd and any of their holding, associated or sister companies and subsidiaries. Please note that when you share your information with one of these companies, you agree to also sharing it with others within the Woolworths group of companies who may use it to send you promotional material. To learn more about how we use your personal information, please visit https://www.woolworths.co.za/corporate/cmp205289 .
- These Rules are also available on https://www.myschool.co.za/.