MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet Card Reactivation Competition: Terms and Conditions (the “Rules”)
Swipe your MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet card and stand a chance to win a Woolworths gift card to the value of R1000.00 (one thousand rand)
1. The Promoter: This MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet Card Reactivation Competition (“the Competition”) is operated by Virtual Market Place Proprietary Limited (Reg. No: 1997/016316/07) (“MySchool My Village My Planet” or “the Promoter” or “us” or “we”).
2. Who may enter: This Competition is open to all MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet card holders and all linked Woolworths cardholders who: (a) have not yet swiped their MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet card or linked Woolworths card OR have not swiped MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet card or linked Woolworths card for a period of 8 (eight) – 12 (twelve) months to date, (b) are 18 (eighteen) years or older, and (c) are resident in South Africa (“Entrants” or “you”). By participating in this Competition, Entrants confirm the acceptance of these Rules.
3. The Competition Periods: The Competition will be run in 2 (two) separate stages. The first stage commences at 00:00am on 21 May 2021 and terminates at 23:59pm on 23 May 2021 and the second stage commences at 00:00am on 18 June 2021 and terminates at 23:59pm on 20 June 2021 (“Competition Periods”). There is no entry fee to participate in this Competition.
4. How to enter: To participate in this Competition swipe your MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet card or linked Woolworths card when you make a purchase at any Woolworths store. Each successful swipe of your card during each of the Competition Periods constitutes an automatic entry into the Competition and you may enter the Competition as many times as you like. Kindly note that any swipes relating to refunds or returns will not qualify as entries into the Competition.
5. Just by completing the Customer Survey, respondents will be entered into a lucky draw.
Participating in this Competition will not affect your chosen MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet beneficiaries. Each successful swipe of your MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet card or linked Woolworths card will result is us giving back to your chosen MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet beneficiaries.
6. The Prize is exclusively for the prize winner and is not transferable, not exchangeable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
7. The Prizes are subject to the Woolworths gift card terms and conditions, as set out below:
a. Gift cards are only exchangeable for merchandise and may not be redeemed for cash.
b. No cash change will be given when redeeming a gift card.
c. Gift cards may not be redeemed against purchases made at any Woolworths store outside of the Republic of South Africa or at any Woolworths Food Stops at Engen.
d. Gift cards are valid for 36 (thirty six) months from the date of issue.
e. Gift cards may not be used to make payments towards any Woolworths card, loan account or utilities account.
f. It is the responsibility of the gift card owner to safeguard the gift card as it cannot be replaced or the value thereon redeemed if the gift card is lost or stolen.
8. Please note that should the Prize for any reason whatsoever become unavailable, MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet may in its sole discretion award a similar prize in value.
9. Selection of the Prize winner: The Prize winners will be selected by MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet by way of a random draw on 1 July 2021, under the supervision of an independent attorney. The winners will be notified that s/he has each won the Prize via telephone or email by 31 July 2021. We will make 2 (two) attempts to obtain and verify the following personal information from the Prize winner: name, surname, identity number, proof of banking details and/or email address (“Personal Information”) by way of a form that is to be completed and signed by each winner.
10. Where an Entrant fails to provide his/her Personal Information within 3 (three) business days of it being requested by MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet, s/he shall be disqualified from this Competition and automatically forfeits the Prize. In the event of disqualification of a winner, MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet, in its sole discretion, shall be entitled, to select another winner from amongst the Competition Entrants.
11. Delivery of the Prize to the winners: The Prizes will be sent to each winner via SMS. The SMS will come from us and will set out the gift card number and redemption details.
12. Amendments to the Rules: These Rules may be amended by MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet on notification to Entrants at any time during the Competition Periods.
13. Disqualification: The winner shall be disqualified from the Competition in the event that: (a) the winner has not complied with any of the provisions of these Rules, or (b) any of his/her accounts with Woolworths is in arrears or, in the opinion of MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet, not in general good order and standing at the time of the Prize draw.
14. MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet collects and uses the personal information of entrants to allow them to enter the competitions, comply with audit requirements in terms of the Consumer Protection Act and to determine winners for the competitions. MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet may use a winner’s name and/or images in marketing material, which may include publication of the winner’s name and/or images on the MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet social media pages, but the winner will always be informed of this beforehand and will be given an opportunity to refuse to permit any use of his/her names and/or images. For more about our how we use your personal information please read our privacy notice at www.woolworths/privacynotice.
15. Audit: MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet reserves the right to carry out audits in respect of any prize winner to verify their eligibility to win the Prize.
16. Circumstances beyond our control: If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is not reasonably foreseeable or is beyond the reasonable control of MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet and which delays or prevents us from complying with these Rules, MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations.
17. Indemnity: By participating in the Competition, Entrants agree to indemnify MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet, and release and hold MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet harmless against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with this Competition or resulting from acceptance and participation in the Competition including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy.
18. This Competition is not open to any of MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet or Woolworths’ employees and their family members, including the employees and family members of MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet or Woolworths advertising and promotional agencies and distributors.
19. Any reference to MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet in these terms and conditions shall be deemed to include reference to Woolworths (Pty) Ltd, Woolworths Financial Services (Pty) Ltd and any of their holding, associated or sister companies and subsidiaries. Please note that when you share your information with one of these companies, you agree to also sharing it with others within the Woolworths group of companies who may use it to send you promotional material. To learn more about how we use your personal information, please visit https://www.woolworths.co.za/corporate/cmp205289 .
20. These Rules are also available on www.woolworths.co.za.