TERMS & CONDITIONS: MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet Win School Fees competition
By participating in the MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet Swipe, to give hope, to save lives, to win” Competition, you agree to accept the following terms and conditions:
1. The MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet Swipe, to give hope, to save lives, to win Competition (“the Competition”) is operated by Virtual Market Place (Pty) Ltd (Reg No:: 1997/016316/07) (“MySchool”) of Atlantic House, 16 Corporation Street, Cape Town, 8001.
2. The Competition is open to all MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet cardholders as well as all Linked Woolworths cardholders over the age of 18 years who reside in South Africa (to Link your Woolworths card to MySchool please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0860100445).
3. The competition commences on 20 May and closes on 22 June 2020 (the Competition period).
4. The campaign aim and purpose is to raise funds for Gift of the Givers to support disaster relief efforts from the Covid-19 pandemic crisis in South Africa.
5. The competition works as follows:
To enter the competition:
1. Register on www.myschool.co.za/register-to-win
2. Swipe your MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet or linked Woolworth card every time you shop at Woolworths in store or on line
3. For every swipe the customer makes we will donate on their behalf and they will receive one entry into the lucky draw:
i. Every time a customer swipes their MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet card or linked Woolworths Card during the competition period we will donate an extra R0.20c towards Gift of the Givers at no cost to the customer.
ii. Note that donations Gift of the Givers will be made in addition to the regular contribution made by Woolworths to the card holder’s MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet beneficiary (ies). This Campaign does not affect or change the card holder’s current beneficiary (ies).
iii. Only transactions at Woolworths (online or in-store) will qualify. Engen Foodstops Stores are excluded.
iv. Only positive transactions will qualify (i.e. no returns or refunds).
v. Only customers over 18 are eligible to have a MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet or Woolworths card.
vi. Should a customer not have a MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet card they can sign up online here or download the app from their app store. Should customers wish to link their WRewards or Woolworths card to the MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet programme they can do so here.
4. Donation calculations will be overseen by an authorised independent party.
5. The donation is not transferable and shall be used exclusively for the purposes of this campaign.
6. The cash donation will be kept at a minimum of R300 000 and a maximum of R500 000 regardless of total funds raised.
7. Cash donation will be paid to Gift of the Givers by no later than by 30 September 2020.
8. The auditor’s decision shall be final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
9. All entrants that registered for the competition and transacted during the campaign period are automatically entered in a competition lucky draw where entrants stand to win a grand prize as well as spot prizes (see point 8 below).
10. Should an entrant not win a spot prize and transacted, they will still be entered into the draw for the grand prize.
6. By participating in the Competition, entrants stand a chance to win one of 10 Woolies Gift cards to the value of R10 000 each and a chance to win a share of spot prizes to the total value of R10 000.
1. Grand Prize: R10 000 Woolies Gift card x 10 winners – Total of R100 000.
2. Spot Prizes: Total of R10 000 in Woolies Gift cards divided in to spot prizes over the competition period and in various denominations.
7. Multiple entries are permitted. Every swipe is an entry and the prize is limited to one per participant.
8. The winners of spot prizes will be selected by random draw overseen and certified by an independent admitted attorney. The winner draws will of each spot prize will be executed at MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet’s discretion.
9. The spot prize winners will be notified (telephonically or by email) within 5 working after the winner draw of each spot prize.
10. The grand prize winners will be selected by random draw overseen and certified by an independent admitted attorney once the competition has been closed and they will be notified (telephonically or by email) by no later than 31 August 2020.
11. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
12. The prize is non-transferrable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. The prize cannot be split or shared.
13. In the event that a winner cannot be successfully contacted within 3 working days, following all reasonable attempts to do so, MySchool reserves the right to disqualify the winner from the Competition and elect another winner in his or her stead. We encourage all Supporters to check their MySchool profile online and ensure their contact details are up to date.
14. The winner may be disqualified from the Competition if any of their accounts with Woolworths are in arrears or, in the opinion of Woolworths not in general good order and standing at the time of the draw.
15. This Competition is not open to any of MySchool and Woolworths employees and their family members including the employees and family members of its advertising and promotional agencies and distributors.
16. MySchool and Woolworths collects and uses personal information about entrants to allow them to enter competitions, comply with audit requirements in terms of the Consumer Protection Act and to determine the winner(s) for the competitions. MySchool and Woolworths may use the winners’ name and/or images in marketing material but winners will always be informed of this beforehand and will be given an opportunity to refuse to permit any use of their names and/or images. For more about our how we use your personal information please read our privacy notice at www.myschool.co.za/privacynotice. and www.woolworths.co.za/privacynotice.
17. By participating in the Competition, the winner agrees to indemnify MySchool and Woolworths release and hold MySchool and Woolworths harmless against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with this Competition or resulting from acceptance and participation in the Competition including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage and claims based on, defamation or invasion of privacy.
18. Any reference to MySchool and Woolworths in these terms and conditions shall be deemed to include a reference to Woolworths Financial Services Pty Ltd and any of their holdings, associated, affiliated companies and subsidiaries.
20. The Woolworth Gift cards are subject to the following terms and conditions:
a. This card is only exchangeable for merchandise in Woolworths stores and may not be refunded or redeemed for cash.
b. No cash change will be given.
c. This card may not be redeemed against purchases made at Woolworths stores outside of the Republic of South Africa or any Engen stores.
d. This card is valid for 36 months from the date of purchase.
e. This card may not be used to make payments into any Woolworths card or loan account or utilities account.