Terms & Conditions: MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet Swipe Competition (the “Rules”)
Swipe your card and stand a chance to win a cash prize
1.The Promoter: This MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet Swipe Competition (the “Competition”) is operated by Virtual Market Place (Pty) Ltd (Reg No: 1997/016316/07) (“MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet” or “us” or “we”).
2. Who may enter:The Competition is open to all registered schools, beneficiaries and supporters of the MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet programme (“Entrants”). By participating in this Competition, Entrants confirm the acceptance of these Rules.
3. The Competition period: The Competition commences at 00:01 on 1 April 2022 and closes at 23:59 on 30 April 2022 (the “Competition Period”). There is no entry fee to participate in this Competition.
4. How to enter if you’re a supporter: Entrants who are MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet Supporters (i.e., Woolworths customers with a MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet card or a linked Woolworths card (“card”)) may participate in the Competition by swiping their card at the beginning of your shop at any of our partner stores during the Competition Period. Partner stores include but are not limited to Woolworths, Builders Warehouse, Worksheet Cloud, Engen Foodstops and Loot.co.za. For a full list of our partner stores please visit https://www.myschool.co.za/partners/. Multiple daily entries are allowed as long as each entry (i.e., each new transaction) is at a different Woolworths or partner store.
5. How to enter if you are a school or beneficiary? Schools and beneficiaries will be competing against themselves. Winners from the school and beneficiary pools will be determined by way of the amount of swipes gained when looking at April 2021 and comparing it to the swipes received in April 2022. The swipes will be calculated as a percentage increase. Schools and beneficiaries with the highest percentage increase year on year (April 2021 vs April 2022) will stand a chance of winning. Schools and beneficiaries will rely on their supporters to win. This means that more supporters swiping for the Schools or Beneficiaries, the more chance they have in winning. Schools and beneficiaries are encouraged to engage and push their supporters to increase swipes. If their supporters increase swipes, they not only get their monthly funds increased, but they stand a chance to win cash prizes.
6. An Entrant’s participation in the Competition will be measured in accordance with the growth shown in card swipes, as set out below. Growth calculations will be based on the period April 2022 vs the same period last year, April 2021. School, beneficiaries, and supporters with the highest percentage growth in swipes will be identified as winners after an internal audit and verification takes place.
a. Highest percentage growth in supporter swipes: Measure the percentage growth in overall supporter swipes at our partner stores over the competition period, versus the same period during the previous year. April 2021 vs April 2022.
b. Highest growth percentage in beneficiaries’ swipes: Measure the percentage growth in overall beneficiary swipes at our partner stores over the competition period, versus the same period during the previous year. April 2021 vs April 2022.
c. Highest growth percentage in school swipes. Measure the percentage growth in overall school swipes at our partner stores over the competition period, versus the same period during the previous year. April 2021 vs April 2022.
d. Supporters who signed onto the MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet programme after April 2021 will go into a separate draw and the supporter with the highest amount of swipes will win R10 000.00 (ten thousand rand).
7. The Prizes: By participating in this Competition in accordance with these Rules, Entrants stand a chance to win the prize for their category which consists of:
a. School prizes: The top 9(nine) schools, 1 (one) per South African province, will win R20 000.00 (twenty thousand rand) in cash each. The top school (nationally), who achieves the highest percentage growth of swipes for April 2022 verses April 2021, will win R50 000 (fifty thousand rand). Should a winning school wish to pay their prize money forward by donating it to a previously disadvantaged school, they shall be entitled to do so with the assistance of MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet.
b. Beneficiary prizes: The top 9 (nine) beneficiaries, 1 (one) winner per South African province, will win R20 000.00 (twenty thousand rand) in cash each. The top beneficiary (nationally), who achieves the highest percentage growth of swipes for April 2022 verses April 2021, will win R50 000 (fifty thousand rand).
c. Supporter prizes: The top 20 (twenty) supporters who achieve the highest percentage growth of swipes for April 2022 verses April 2021 will win R10 000.00 (ten thousand rand) in cash each.
8. The Prizes are exclusively for the prize winners and is not transferable, not exchangeable and cannot be exchanged for its cash value. No Entrant shall be allowed to win a Prize more than once. Please note that should the Prize for any reason whatsoever become unavailable, MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet may in its sole discretion award a similar prize in value.
9. Selection of the Prize winner: The Prizes winner will be selected by MySchool MyVillage My Planet by way of an internal audit and verification on 15 June 2022. The results of the audit and verification process will be verified by an independent attorney. No correspondence will be entered into with competition entrants who are not winners.
10. The winners will receive their Prizes from us by way of once-off electronic funds transfer, into the winner’s nominated bank account and we will email the winner proof of payment once the transfer is complete. We will make 2 (two) attempts to contact a Prize winner within a 24 (twenty-four) hour period. For verification purposes, all winners will be required to provide MySchool MyVillage My Planet with the following personal information: physical address, email address, telephone number and proof of banking details (on a bank stamped letter, not older than 3 (three) months (“Personal Information”). Where an Entrant fails to provide their Personal Information within 24 (twenty-four) hours of it being requested by MySchool MyVillage My Planet, s/he shall be disqualified from this Competition and automatically forfeits the Prize. In the event of disqualification of a winner, MySchool MyVillage My Planet, in its sole discretion, shall be entitled, to select another winner from amongst the Competition Entrants.
- Amendments to the Rules: These Rules may be amended by MySchool MyVillage My Planet on notification to Entrants at any time during the Competition Period. The latest date upon which these Rules were amended will be published at the top of these Rules.
- Disqualification: The winner shall be disqualified from the Competition in the event that: (a) the winner has not complied with any of the provisions of these Rules, or (b) any of his/her accounts with Woolworths is in arrears or, in the opinion of MySchool MyVillage My Planet, not in general good order and standing at the time of the Prize draw.
- MySchool MyVillage My Planet collects and uses the personal information of entrants to allow them to enter the competitions, comply with audit requirements in terms of the Consumer Protection Act and to determine winners for the competitions. MySchool MyVillage My Planet may use the winner’s name and/or images in marketing material, which may include publication of the winner’s name and/or images on woolworths.co.za/todaywithwoolies and the MySchool MyVillage My Planet social media pages, but the winner will always be informed of this beforehand and will be given an opportunity to refuse to permit any use of his/her names and/or images. For more about how we use your personal information please read our privacy notice at www.woolworths/privacynotice.
- Audit: MySchool MyVillage My Planet reserves the right to carry out audits in respect of any prize winner to verify their eligibility to win the Prize.
- Circumstances beyond MySchool MyVillage My Planet’s control: If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is not reasonably foreseeable or is beyond the reasonable control of MySchool MyVillage My Planet and which delays or prevents MySchool MyVillage My Planet from complying with these Rules, MySchool MyVillage My Planet will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations.
- Indemnity: By participating in the Competition, Entrants agree to indemnify MySchool MyVillage My Planet, and release and hold MySchool MyVillage My Planet harmless against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with this Competition or resulting from acceptance and participation in the Competition including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy.
- Any reference to MySchool MyVillage My Planet in these terms and conditions shall be deemed to include reference to Woolworths (Pty) Ltd, Woolworths Financial Services (Pty) Ltd and any of their holding, associated or sister companies and subsidiaries. Please note that when you share your information with one of these companies, you agree to also sharing it with others within the Woolworths group of companies who may use it to send you promotional material. To learn more about how we use your personal information, please visit https://www.woolworths.co.za/corporate/cmp205289 .
- These Rules are also available on https://www.myschool.co.za/.