SOUTH AFRICANS WANT TO PLAY AN ACTIVE ROLE IN HELPING TACKLE THE RHINO POACHING CRISIS, BUT AREN'T SURE HOW.
That’s why we created the MyPlanet Rhino Fund, to help make a greater impact where it’s needed most. By combining our fundraising efforts, and creating a platform for rhino conservation, we’re able to ensure that the funds are used in the best possible way, through best practice initiatives and good governance.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY for a card in support of the MyPlanet Rhino Fund
You are a registered NPO, NPC or BPO
You have audited financial statements:
- You are aligned to the focus areas.
- You have a proven track record of success.
- You are working on industry best-practice initiatives.
- You have a thorough business case and needs assessment.
- You have a detailed budget.
- Sign up for your free MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet card online or download the app.
- Select the Rhino Fund as your beneficiary.
- Swipe your card when you go shopping at any of the partner stores.
- The partner store will give a percentage (of what you’ve spent) back to the Fund on your behalf. Every swipe counts!
- Draft a funding proposal (ideally in Word format) which should include:
- Organisation background, profile and focus areas
- NGO/PBO/NPC registration details.
- Summary of the appeal: needs assessment, beneficiaries, detailed request
- Detailed budget breakdown (including VAT)
- Implementation plan and timelines
- Further supporting documents that may be relevant such as quotes
- Send the full proposal to the fund administrator via email. Attention of MyPlanet Rhino Fund via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications are reviewed quarterly by the panel and feedback will be given on each proposal.