Application to Request Registration as a Beneficiary
What does it mean to be a MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet beneficiary?
The MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet programme is a unique fundraising tool which is already being used by over 8 000 schools, charities and welfare groups (our “beneficiaries”). We provide these registered beneficiaries with the opportunity to use the MySchool programme in order to raise supplementary annuity income for their organisations. This tool includes our management of the programme infrastructure, logistics, payment processing and allocation, card issuing, client service, query management, and reporting tools. We also provide the registered beneficiaries with various resources, such as customised application forms, website content and advice on how to use the programme to raise monthly sustainable funds through the programme.
It is up to the beneficiary to use these tools to raise funds and incorporate it into their fundraising plan.
How much money do beneficiaries make? How do they ensure the programme is a success?
It is the beneficiary’s responsibility to use the tools we have provided to their benefit. MySchool does not manage the individual beneficiary’s fundraising efforts. Therefore the amount of funds raised through the programme is dependent on various factors. We can learn a lot from beneficiaries who use the programme to raise substantial amounts of funds each month.
Those registered beneficiaries that are currently successfully using the programme have:
- A dedicated fundraising champion who manages all fundraising activities - including the MySchool Fundraising programme.
- At least 1000 active MySchool supporters - who use their cards frequently (on a monthly basis) at the various MySchool partners.
- Supporters located in MySchool partner service areas (i.e the supporters are willing and able to support the organisation at local partners, and our national partners).
- A fundraising and communications plan. They communicate with their supporters on a regular basis, through their various communication channels, to keep them updated on where to swipe their MySchool card, the funds raised and how these funds are used - they also remember to say “thank you” to their supporters!
- Events where they sign up new supporters and ensure their current supporters keep supporting them.
- A MySchool information page on their website, linked to MySchool on social media platforms, and have marketing material to show potential supporters and encourage them that they can be nominated as a beneficiary.
What is the difference between a School, Village and Planet Beneficiary?
There is only one MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet card, which gives you access to support up to three Beneficiaries. Our Beneficiaries are all classified as one of the following:
- MySchool Beneficiaries: registered schools.
- MyVillage Beneficiaries: charities that helps communities and individuals (adults and children).
- MyPlanet beneficiaries: organisations that focus on the improvement and protection of the environment and animals.
How to become a MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet Beneficiary
- Make sure you qualify for an organisation to qualify for registration as a MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet Beneficiary, it must be either:
- a school that is registered with the Department of Education; or
- a non-profit organisation (NPO) or a public benefit organisation (PBO) that is registered as an NPO or a PBO with the South African Revenue Services; and must focus on:
- uplifting people with physical or mental disabilities, orphans or the vulnerable; or
- uplifting people through education or social development; or
- protecting the environment; or
- protecting animals; or
Your organisation cannot qualify as a Beneficiary if it is:
- a charity promoting religion (this includes institutions such as churches, mosques and temples);
- a charity promoting a specific political group or orientation;
- a charity promoting specific social activism issues or views;
- a sports club or association;
- an interest or hobby group; or
- a profit-making company.
Individuals cannot qualify as Beneficiary.
2. Send us the correct documents
Send us the following documents (by email only) so that we may process your application to be a Beneficiary:
- the completed MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet Beneficiary Application Form containing your full details and your signature indicating that you agree with our Terms and Conditions;
- a copy of your organisation’s letterhead;
- a copy of your organisation’s VAT registration form (if VAT registered);
- a short (no more than 300 words) description of what your organisation does;
- a marketing plan setting out how you intend to manage your status as a Beneficiary. The marketing plan must include:
- how many SUPPORTERS you currently have;
- how you stay in contact with them; and
- how you plan to increase the number of Supporters you currently have.
3. Wait for us to contact you
We will review your application based on the criteria we have determined, at our sole discretion. The application review process takes 8 / 10 weeks from the time that we receive the completed application. Failure to submit the required details and supporting documentation will result in your application not being reviewed and your application being declined. We will contact you to let you know whether your application has been successful and to confirm the next steps.