“MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet is empowering individuals to make a significant difference in conservation – Everyone can Do One Thing (DOT) for the Rhino, just by signing up for a free MyPlanet card and swiping their cards when they shop, plus they can know the money is being used wisely”
says: Braam Malherbe, extreme conservationist and MyPlanet ambassador.
GET your free MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet card online and start supporting the MyPlanet Rhino Fund.
The MyPlanet Rhino Fund, administered by the Endangered Wildlife Trust (EWT), is an initiative by the MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet fundraising programme.
Together with interested and affected parties in rhino conservation, the fund creates a platform for any South African to actively get involved and raise funds on a sustainable basis in support of best-practise initiatives in rhino conservation, without costing them a cent!
How can I get involved?
- Sign up for your free MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet card online or call 0860 100 445.
- Select the MyPlanet Rhino Fund as your beneficiary fund.
- Swipe your card when you go shopping at any of the partner stores (Woolworths, Waltons, Engen Foodstops and more).
- The partner store will give back a percentage of what you have spent to the Rhino Fund on your behalf. Every swipe counts!
How is the money used?
Funds raised through the MyPlanet Rhino Fund are allocated (through a process of thorough review) to worthy rhino conservation initiatives and organisations which are in desperate need of help, and who have shown proven best practises and sustainability.
The review panel consists of independent interested and affected parties from various stakeholder groups.
In the past we have supported key projects such as a rhino orphanage, a rhino stronghold conservancy area, specialised anti-poaching units, the purchasing of all-terrain vehicles and providing anti-poaching rangers with equipment, rations, uniforms and operational support.
We provide feedback via email to all supporters who swipe their cards at least once a year for the MyPlanet Rhino Fund.
Who can apply for funding?
If your organisation complies with the following, we encourage you to apply to the fund for support:
- You are a registered NPO, BPO
- You have audited financial statements
- You have a track record of success and investment in conservation and anti-poaching initiatives
- You are working on industry best-practise initiatives in rhino conservation
- You have a thorough business case for funding support required
What is the funding application process?
- Draft a funding proposal which should include:
- Organisation background, profile and focus areas
- NGO/PBO registration details
- Summary of the appeal: what you require, how this will be used, and how it will make a sustainable difference
- Detailed budget breakdown and timelines
- Further supporting documents
- Applications are reviewed quarterly by the panel and feedback will be given on each proposal.
Please note that by applying for funding you are in no way guaranteed of receiving funding.