Who we are and what we do
1.1 MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet is administered by Virtual Market Place (Pty) Ltd, a fundraising and development company registered in South Africa.
1.2 We help raise funds for deserving organisations and causes (‘beneficiaries’) that support education, people in need, animals and the environment. We do this by creating partnerships with retailers. The retailers which participate in the MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet programme undertake to pay a percentage of their customers’ spend to beneficiariesat no additional cost to the customers when customers swipe their MySchool card. A customer becomes a ‘Supporter’ when he or she joins the MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet programme, and swipes their card at participating retailers in order to raise money for their BENEFICIARY.
1.3 Our details are:
- Registration Number: 1997/016316/07
- Telephone: 0860 100 445
- Fax: 0866 822 833
- Website: www.myschool.co.za
- Address: 16 Corporation Street
- Directors: I Moir, M R Isaacs
- VAT number: 4920 170 141
2. How to become a beneficiary
Make sure you qualify
2.1 For an organisation to qualify for registration as a MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet beneficiary, it must be either:
- a school that is registered with the Department of Education; or
- a non-profit organisation (NPO) or a public benefit organisation (PBO) that is registered as an NPO or a PBO with the South African Revenue Services; and must focus on:
- uplifting people with physical or mental disabilities, orphans or the vulnerable; or
- uplifting people through education or social development; or
- protecting the environment; or
- protecting animals; or
- any other cause we may choose.
2.2 Your organisation cannot qualify as a beneficiary if it is:
- a charity promoting religion (this includes institutions such as churches, mosques and temples);
- a charity promoting a specific political group or orientation;
- a charity promoting specific social activism issues or views;
- a sports club or association;
- an interest or hobby group; or
- a profit-making company.
2.3 Individuals cannot qualify as beneficiaries.
Send us the correct documents
2.4 Send us the following documents (by email only) so that we may process your application to be a beneficiary:
- the completed MySchool MyVilliage MyPlanet beneficiary application form containing your full details and your signature indicating that you agree with our Terms and Conditions;
- a copy of your organisation’s letterhead;
- a copy of your organisation’s VAT registration form (if VAT registered);
- a short (no more than 300 words) description of what your organisation does;
- a marketing plan setting out how you intend to manage your status as a beneficiary. The marketing plan must include:
- how many Supporters you currently have;
- how you contact them; and
- how you plan to increase the number of Supporters you currently have.
Wait for us to contact you
2.4 We will review your application based on the criteria we have determined, at our sole discretion. We will contact you to let you know whether your application has been successful and to ask for original documents to confirm your bank details.
3. Our agreement
3.1 Our agreement begins once we have approved your application and we have received from you an original document to verify your organisation’s bank account details; and it continues indefinitely until either of us ends the relationship.
3.2 The contents of the beneficiary application form you submitted and any further requirements we stipulate before we process your application all form part of our agreement.
3.3 Either of us may end this agreement by giving the other 90 calendar days’ notice, in writing.
3.4 We have the right to terminate this agreement immediately if you do not adhere to the rules of the agreement.
3.5 Even if this agreement ends, you must continue to protect the personal information of your supporters in accordance with the law and these Terms and Conditions.
4. Our responsibilities
Once we accept you as a beneficiary, we will:
- issue cards to your Supporters;
- supply you with downloadable marketing tools and information to help you acquire more Supporters to increase your funding;
- provide you with a breakdown of funds raised for you on a monthly basis;
- provide each Supporter with a breakdown of the funds he or she raised on a monthly basis; and
- deposit the funds raised for you (minus any deductions as set out in these Terms and Conditions) into your bank account at the end of each month.
5. Your responsibilities
If we accept your application to be a beneficiary, then you agree:
- to comply with these Terms and Conditions;
- to make an active effort to market and promote the MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet programme and not do anything that might harm us, our operations, initiatives or reputation;
- to follow your marketing plan in order to increase the number of Supporters you have and the funding they generate for you;
- to keep your Supporters’ personal information private and maintain the accuracy of their personal information;
- to ask our prior written approval for use of our logos in any of your marketing material or where you might want to make reference to us in any public communication; and
- to send us feedback by email every six months on how you have used the funds in your organisation.
6. Our funding model
6.1 In order to run the MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet programme sustainably we need to charge an administration fee. We deduct this fee of 30% from the funds we receive from retailers who participate in our programme, based on the amount of money that supporters spend. The remaining 70% is the total amount due to you before deductions.
6.2 In addition to the administration fee, we may subtract the cost of the Supporters’ cards from the funds raised for you. We will never deduct more than 50% of the “funds due to you” in any given month even if the cost of the cards and our administration fee is higher than 50% of the funds due to you in that month.
7. You must protect your supporters’ personal information
7.1 If ever Supporters share their personal information with you by completing a MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet application form and handing it to you, you become an ‘operator’ in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act No. 4 of 2013 (‘POPI’) and so you must agree:
- to keep the supporters’ personal information confidential and securely locked away until you are able to hand it to our community organisers at the very next possible opportunity; and
- not to share the personal information with anyone other than us or our community organisers, nor to use that information for any other purpose; and
- complete and send urgently the Notification of Security Breach form (which we will send you) if any third party attempts to obtain, or obtains, unauthorised access to the Supporters’ personal information or if such information (including the Supporter forms in your possession) is lost , damaged or destroyed.
7.2 If you do not comply with these Terms and Conditions, and in particular clause 7.1(c), we could suffer harm which may include damages, costs, fines and penalties under the Protection of Personal Information Act No. 4 of 2013. You must therefore agree to indemnify us against any harm caused by your conduct.
7.3 If for any reason you do not wish to act as an operator by signing up new supporters using our paper-based application forms, you must direct them to apply online through our MySchool website.
8. How we use your personal information
8.1 We use your information to register you as a beneficiary, to ensure that you get paid, to check your details, to help you market more successfully and to compile reports in terms of the Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment Act.
8.2 We keep your personal information private.
8.3 We only disclose your personal information to companies if you ask us to, or if we need help to provide the best service to you or your supporters. To learn more about how we use your personal information please visit www.myschool.co.za/legal.
9. How we communicate with one another
9.2 You choose to receive any documents (including the serving of any legal process) at the contact details you provided in the beneficiary application form. Please let us know if your contact details change.
9.3 We prefer to communicate by email.
10. Changes to or breach of these terms
10.1 Sometimes, owing to changes in legislation or in our business model, we will change these Terms and Conditions. We will let you know at least 30 calendar days before we do this and your organisation will have an option to stop being a MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet beneficiary or you can agree to the new Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions apply consistently to all Beneficiariesin terms of our policy. We may make exceptions in certain justifiable instances, at our sole discretion.
10.2 If either of us breaches these Terms and Conditions, then the other party must send the party in breach a written notice (which may be sent by email) demanding that the breach be rectified. If the breach is not rectified within 14 calendar days of the date of the dispatch of the written notice, the party not in breach may cancel this agreement immediately and take any further steps allowed by law or in terms of this agreement.
10.3 We may always enforce these Terms and Conditions even if we sometimes choose not to.